Here are some great questions to ask relatives to learn more about those who came before you:
- What is a signature thing that person would say?
- What was their favorite thing to drink?
- What was a meal that they cooked that you enjoyed?
- What is a time they gave you really good advice?
- What was their favorite color?
- Can you describe what they smelled like?
- What was your favorite thing to do when you went to their house?
- What’s your favorite trip you went on with them?
- Were they a good singer?
- What hobbies did they enjoy?
- What kind of car did they drive?
- What is your favorite photo of them?
- What impact did this person have on your life?
- Did they have a signature clothing piece?
- What was their favorite book?
Use these questions as a guide to spark a conversation of sharing stories and memories.